view sourceprint? 01

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Engagement Session

This session was one of my first "real" photo shoots. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a real shoot however, since it was for my brother, but oh well. My brother and his fiancee needed to get some engagement portraits taken for their upcoming wedding. The only thing was, they weren't yet "technically" engaged. Yes, they had already set a date, booked a chapel, etc., but since the ring was still in production, he had yet to pop the question. His sweet fiance wanted to wait for pictures until she had her ring, but with a super short engagement, we were running out of time. I assured her that I would get some great pics regardless. I suggested that, as a prop, we take one of my old ring boxes so that we could stage a proposal for the shoot. I told her it would make for a really cute setup with my brother down on one knee. Little did she know....the ring had been completed the week before!!! So with my camera ready, my bro got down on one knee for the "fake proposal" shot. When he opened the box to reveal her gorgeous ring, I was able to capture her reaction on film!  It was such a fun shoot with two of my favorite people. I felt so privileged to be a part of their special moment.

This is the "staged" shot, before she realized what was in the box. 


Notice the shock on her face as she realized the box was not empty. 


Notice the tears...

...and the Joy!!  She said "Yes", by the way. 













Just 8 more days until this cute couple ties the knot! I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. You have done an awesome job. Love all the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! Thanks for sharing, Mica! Have fun at the wedding, and tell your family hello!

    -Natalie {TheShadyAcre.com}

    ReplyDelete